Monday, February 13, 2017

Review: Thrill Me to Death

Thrill Me to Death Thrill Me to Death by Roxanne St. Claire
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1.5 stars

I read this for the Wedding Bells square for Romance Bingo and for my Series Headway selection.

The blindness of the heroine towards seeing the truth about people and facts just about killed me to death on this on. I mean, come on! The willful blindness was aggravating and only made the flaws in the murder mystery stand out more, instead of elongating the sense of danger and mystery. From the contrived anger that caused the heroine to break off her engagement with the hero the to the convoluted mess that sprung from her husband's death, this felt messily plotted out.
The villain was painfully obvious and painfully ignored by heroine, the step-son drama was made a big deal of and then dropped off the face of the earth, and the connection of the bad guys was Lifetime worthy.
I liked the hero but he wasn't given much of a story to shine in. The chemistry with the heroine is definitely felt and the alone scenes they have are pretty good but the madness surrounding them put me off the story as a whole.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment