Friday, February 10, 2017

Review: Rebel of the Sands

Rebel of the Sands Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

I read this for the Young Adult square for Romance Bingo.

The world building was a bit confusing with all the magical components just thrown at me but towards the end I felt like I had a good grasp on what was what and who was who.
The story of a girl who doesn't know she is special, meets a boy, and a rebel group fighting against the establishment is nothing new but the magical elements and sort of wild west feel made this exciting enough.
This is young adult, so the relationship developing between Amani and Jin is innocent enough but they still had some good heat and tension between them.
The overall structure is pretty straight forward while the story still allows for some mystery and surprises. If I was in my teens, this is definitely a story I would have really liked. I'm a bit surprised but I'll probably bookmark the next in the series at the library to continue on :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment