Thursday, September 10, 2020

Reading Update: 20%

 


Reading this for the Halloween Bingo square:


And enjoying some Ghostie white chocolate dipped Oreo balls


The Sun Down only looked empty. But it wasn’t.

The way the author has set the scene is perfect, I can 'see' the motel and surrounding area and 'feel' the quiet, lonely, and starting to raise the hair on my arms vibe.

It was November 29, 1982, 11:24 p.m. By three o’clock in the morning, Viv Delaney had vanished. That was the beginning.

I'm coming off a Cold Case Files binge and this story is hitting any withdrawals from that perfectly. The format to start with Viv in 1982 and then alternate with her niece Carly in 2017 is perfect and I'm loving the back and forth; the similarities and suspicious of everyone. 

“I’ll do it. What could possibly go wrong?”

I can't even 'famous last words' this because, girl, Carly, wtf are you doing taking your aunt's night shift that she disappeared on?????

I've got a early call that the 36yr old male that lives with his mom and had the shift before Viv is guilty of her disappearance. But the traveling salesman has major side-eye from me.

In Carly's timeline, this Nick person is awfully curious, not to mention pale Heather in the poncho.

The ghost stuff is enticingly spooky 





No comments:

Post a Comment