Monday, February 12, 2024

The Roms: Part 7 - Fav Contemp, Hist, and Book of 2023

Usually this only takes me two-three weeks to complete in January, but this year I found myself busy and here we are in February and I'm just finishing up my reminiscing about the books I read in 2023. A hearty thank-you to everyone that stuck around on this longer journey. 

Doing this format, instead of just listing my favorite books from the year, I hope shows even more how much I do enjoy and appreciate the stories and characters I read (I can get some flack for daring to rate books below four stars from time to time). 

This year I managed to re-shout-out 52 (how did I do the same amount as last year?!?) of the 111 I read. 

The following are my Top 12 Contemporary and Historical (I'm reading more fantasy books but not enough to get their own category, so if they feel more historical or contemporary, that's where they go, or if I need to get each category to be the same number, willy-nilly becomes the name of the game, lol. Flowers for the Sea and The Blood Gift are futuristic but I needed one in historical and one in contemporary, so here we are)


*The books eligible could be published in any year, they simply had to be read by me in 2023. 
Clicking on book cover brings you to my review if I wrote one or Goodreads page if I didn't.


The Roms

Favorite Contemporary 

Nominees:

  

  

  

  



Winner:



The Gothic tones in this probably did a good job of pushing it to the top. I love a good spooky, mysterious, give me that bonus romance with someone that I think might be trying to kill or kiss me, story. This had all that and some cool little mythology and magic additives. A fun read, especially since I read it in September for those perfect atmospheric vibes.


2022 Winner



The Roms

Favorite Historical


Nominees:

  

  

  

  



Winner:


Flowers for the Sea really wanted to get in here but romance is my first book genre love and well, the romance in this was top tier. Neelo and Talhan were the strong and vulnerable couple that creates that hit you in the heart angst and their particular personalities also delivered on the sweet and steamy. The fantasy world-building only added to the creation of an amazing story. The only thing I hate is that I do you think you have to at least read the book before this one to be able to jump into this world, I wish I could recommend it on it's own but trust me, it's worth it to read the before in series to get to this one. 


2022 Winner



The Roms

Favorite Book of 2023



2021 Winners







What were your favorite books you read in 2023?

No comments:

Post a Comment