Friday, January 27, 2023

The Roms: Part 7 - Fav Contemp, Hist, and Book of 2022

I had a lot of fun reminiscing about my 2022 reading year and hope me shouting out these 52 books out of the 127 I read leads you all to a favorite, too. 

Here's to 2023 reading!


The following are my top 12 contemporary and historical (did I cheat putting Ruthless in historical? maybe, but I like evenness) books I had the privilege of reading this year. 
(In no particular order) 


*The books eligible could be published in any year, they simply had to be read by me in 2022. 
Clicking on book cover brings you to my review if I wrote one or Goodreads page if I didn't.





Nominees:


  

  

  

  



Winner:


I had so many books vying for this contemp award this year, but I kept getting pulled back to this one. I think for how it took me off guard with how good the emotional pulls were in it, how it weaved in light and angst, how layered the characters were, and how I ached for the leads to get together, I had to give it the nod. I have the first in the series and the third comes out in March, I'm going to need it.


2021 Winner
















Nominees:

  

  

  

  


Winner:


A few other historicals tried to have some say in this but, well, you all know if you've been following along on my awards month. The setting, the characters, The Emotion. I was a wreck reading this and it renewed my love of historical romance. Using the rich time period, the love fought for between Yue-ying and Huang, and introducing me to Mingyu, this book is a must read (then come talk to me about it because I'll never tire of it). 


2021 Winner







2020 Winners







What were your favorite books you read in 2022?

No comments:

Post a Comment