Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Review: Fly

Fly Fly by Molly McLain
My rating: 2 of 5 stars



The story is incomplete, it's a cliffhanger, folks.
Now that is out of the way because SIGH, here's my personal opinion.



It clearly states this is book 1 but I felt lost as all get out in the beginning as people and relationships are thrown at you with no context or explanation. The hero and heroine supposedly have this epic friendship, but other than it being said over and over, I see no evidence of it. Every dude wants the heroine, every woman wants the hero and he likes to partake, heroine is the hero's emotional crutch, and hero likes to throw money at heroine.

This was almost 200pgs of the hero and heroine wanting to make a move on each other but scared the other one still just wanted to be friends. Which could have worked wonderfully but that was the only depth to our characters. The heroine has a little bit background with her father having a traumatic brain injury but even that wasn't fleshed out too great. The hero's fmx bike career somewhat touched on, the author has a brief scene listing a bunch of tricks and the over and over mentioning of hero having women throw themselves at him.

More context needed and less NA cliche been there done that. I also almost lost an eye rolling it so hard at the ending cliffhanger.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear. I am sorry this one did not work for you. I felt your frustration. Hope your next read will be better.

    ReplyDelete