Saturday, July 15, 2017

Review: Hemlock

Hemlock Hemlock by N.J. Layouni
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Thank you to Anne for the recommendation.

Well, this had the unfortunate timing of being read after an amazing 5 star read, it probably only had a hope of paling in comparison.

It kind of felt and read like slight Outlander fan fiction; the author got inspired after reading Outlander and tried to craft a story like it. The world the heroine time travels to is like a medieval Europe but suppose to be a different dimension. I'm not really sure because it is not truly explained. Honestly, it gives the feeling that the author wanted to set it in a medieval time period but didn't want to do research and work to make it feel authentic.
The characters and main couple's relationship felt shallow and while this ends on a cliffhanger, I think I'm going to stop here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment