Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Review: Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ok, so I ended up liking this one way more than I thought I would. It's categorized as YA and with leads that are seventeen, rightfully so. However, I thought our heroine Tessa and our teased hero Will acted and felt more in their early to mid-twenties; this maturity made the story better for me.
The magical/paranormal/steampunk components were pretty cool and interesting to read about. Since the romance wasn't too developed (Tessa's story obviously doesn't end here, therefore her romance lead is just teased at) and while we get a great introduction to the author's paranormal world, not fully immersed, I think this ranks below Callihan's Darkest London series but I would make it a B- to Darkest London's A scale.

I haven't read the Mortal Instruments series and this is supposedly it's prequel, so I'm a newbie to the world, any and all my enjoyment is from a fresh, maybe missing information perspective. After I finished, I immediately planned on reading the next in the series because, like I said, I really did enjoy this story. I saw friends who had read the series and read their reviews, even the spoiler ones.

The rest I'm going to put in spoiler tags because I found some things out about the series that have made me decide not continue reading. DON'T READ if you don't want to be spoiled for the whole series.

(view spoiler)

Anyway, glad I read this one but I won't be continuing with series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment