Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May Read Roundup

It's finally warming up in my parts and I am loving the sunshine :)  I'm one of those people who always gets a bad sunburn in the beginning of summer because I would hug the sun if I could when it finally appears and can't imagine it would betray me by burning me to a crisp. May was my Random Number Generator month and as usual, I had fun seeing what it chose for me. There were some winners but also some major missteps towards the end; you live by the RNG, you die by the RNG. Those selection books will be denoted with ***book cover***. June is my Start a New Series month. I originally started this to make myself start series I was hearing so much about but was too intimidated to start because of how many books there was already. Now I just grab out of a box/off my Kindle any book #1 in a series. 

*Click on book cover to be taken to my review or if I didn't write one, the book's Goodreads page


5 stars



4.3 stars

The Wicked Cousin by Stella Riley

4 stars



3.5 stars

To Win a Lady's Heart by Ingrid Hahn  ***The Damsel and the Daggerman by Delilah S. Dawson***

3 stars

Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn  ***A Debt Paid in Marriage by Georgie Lee***  Wicked Sexy by J.T. Geissinger

2.5 stars

***Hell Breaks Loose by Sophie Jordan*** *** Only by HelenKay Dimon***  Wired by Julie Garwood
***To Wed a Rebel by Sophie Dash***

2 stars

Wed to a Spy by Sharon Cullen  The Bad Luck Bride by Janna MacGregor  The Highland Commander by Amy Jarecki
***Dark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley Cole***

1.5 stars

***Closer by Sarah Greyson***  The Earl Next Door by Charis Michaels

1 star

***Zoey And The Nice Guy by Carter Ashby***

17 books in all with 8 being my selection of the month picks. Looking back, I read an even range of great, good, and awful. The highlight of the month was definitely The Wicked Cousin by Stella Riley. I feel so out of the loop since this was the first book I've ever read by her. Can't wait to start some new series for June and hope everyone has a great reading month!

How many books did you all get to read this month, any favorites?


No comments:

Post a Comment