Monday, April 17, 2017

Review: The King's Executioner

The King's Executioner The King's Executioner by Donna Fletcher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5 stars

Love the Iron age time period this is set in, was fresh and intriguing as the majority of historicals published are regency and Victorian. Besides the clothing and looks of our characters I would have liked a bit more to the details of the time period so I could enjoy it more.
I rounded up because of the different setting and the fabulous cover, lol, but this road romance had a lot of rinse and repeat to it. Paine and Anin traveling, danger, Anin scared and/or needs to be rescued, and ending with Anin hugging Paine. This happened over and over, I found myself wanting to skim and skip.
The time period makes this fresh but the romance is a bit insta and the repeating danger then hugs, made this road romance a little dragging.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment