Wednesday, January 20, 2021

TBRChallenge Reading Update: 70%

 


How sad, the things she’d let herself settle for, and for so long.

Oh, Merry. This is some heroine and hero showing their secret parts to each other and them being only their true selves with one another wonderfulness. 

It was true—she didn’t care about who he had been, only who he was with her, right now. Here, together, they were in a unique position. A magical bubble containing exactly two inhabitants, with no past and no future. No witnesses to their former selves, only the people they’d become. Who they were.

NOoo, I can feel the lead up to their "bubble" getting burst. I'm now 70% in and Rob still has NOT told Merry that he is an alcoholic! I feel like the use of bubble was very intentional here.

I love your body. I love your body. She let the words dance around her brain and make her dizzy. Then maybe I ought to love it, too.

The author has given Merry enough inner strength and power that I think this outside validation is ok. It shouldn't be end all but dang it, sometimes it feels good and like I said, Merry has a good enough foundation. It shows Rob giving back to Merry too, instead of always taking.

This section has some calmness to it, not as intense as previous. I'm getting frustrated how they're not in total commitment mode because of how well they seem to fit together but my feelings are the usual points in a story I would complain about in a review, Merry and Rob have only known each other for four or so days at this point. Holy cow, less than week, McKenna does such an amazing job packing in emotions and depth that I didn't even fully comprehend how short their time has been together.

This section, obviously, really hits on the sex and there is some role playing degradation, Rob loves to be tied up and feel like he is only a sexual object to Merry. It never felt salacious to me but heads-up that this story has some sexy SEXY times in it, if you're more of a closed door reader. 

This man she knew, he wasn’t an alcoholic. Not an active one at least, and rarely even a pining one. Not these past few days. Telling her would serve no purpose whatsoever. Let her freeze him in her memories exactly as he was now.

WRONG. TELL HER ROB. How are we 70% in and Merry still doesn't know he's an alcoholic? This is going to blow up so hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment