Friday, May 26, 2023

40%

"And it wasn't nothing." The words rushed through her like the waves at their feet. "Don't you dare believe it was nothing. I know what I did, and I know what it cost---I know what it cost us both, and I did it anyway." And all at once, the fury was gone, leaving her shipwrecked on the shores of her choices. Hardly knowing what she was doing, she pressed her hands against his chest. "You were everything to me, Gracewood. My oldest, closest, most beloved friend. Your happiness was my happiness. Where you led, I followed with all my heart. I would have died for you---and I nearly did---but I could not live for you."


Oof, this scene!


And

"Oh, Viola." Now a tug on her hair, and Viola lifted her head to find Louise peering up at her with sudden ferocity. "Sometimes it is the most vital thing in the world to be selfish."


Sing it, Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment