Wednesday, October 13, 2021

#TBRChallenge: Oct. - Gothic




This #TBRChallenge is set-up by @SuperWendy (blog). Besides the theme months, this is a pretty relaxing challenge. On the third day of every month participants are encouraged to use the hashtag TBRChallenge and discuss the book they plucked from obscurity. I decided to make a personal rule that a book had to be in my TBR for at least 5 years.

Could October's theme be anything but something spooky? I love Gothics but have to read them sporadically otherwise they tend to samesies in my mind and blend together. Besides, how much running from castles in a storm can someone take? (This statement is made to try and cover my angsty loving heart, GIVE ME ALL THE RUNNING FROM CASTLES IN A STORM) 

I originally had The Master of Blacktower picked out for this but because the Gothic theme fits in with my Halloween Bingo and I have the square Southern Gothic, so I decided to switch my pick to Be Buried in the Rain by Barbara Michaels. A two for one! I can't remember ever reading a Barbara Michaels before, if I did it would have been in my teens, so I'm reading to experience the hype. My fellow Halloween Bingo players have been posting about her books for years, so she's been on my tbr for at least 10yrs. 

It's going to be rainy all day in my neck of the woods, so I'm going to snuggle in and enjoy some Gothic-y goodness. 


TBRChallenges: 








August - N/A

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, excited to read your thoughts on Be Buried in the Rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished last night! At first I was impressed with how Martha could command a room with just one eye sending out her hate but then when Julie's memory started to come back more, I realized what a total witch she was.

      Delete