Monday, March 15, 2021

#TBRChallenge: Mar. Book By a Favorite Author

 


It's another TBRChallenge! This one came up fast for me, March is my birthday month and my favorite holiday, St. Paddy's Day. I've had such incredible luck with my selections so far, so fingers crossed. This #TBRChallenge is set-up by @SuperWendy (blog). Besides the theme months, this is a pretty relaxing challenge. On the third day of every month participants are encouraged to use the hashtag TBRChallenge and discuss the book they plucked from obscurity. I decided to make a personal rule that a book had to be in my TBR for at least 5 years.

March's theme is Book by a Favorite Author. My mind immediately went to the new Courtney Milan that has been sitting on my Kindle (I preordered this!) but only for a second because I knew it wouldn't meet my personal rule of 5yrs. So then my mind skipped to Connie Brockway who has written some of my all time favorite stories. There aren't many books left of hers that I haven't read but one of her very first (possibly the first?) Anything for Love has been sitting on my tbr for probably around 15yrs. The reviews aren't the greatest for it, so I go in with some trepidation but hopeful that there will be at least some promise of the Brockway spark that has made me gobble up her other books. For the curious, if I had time to only save ONE Brockway book in a fire, it'd probably be Bridal Favors (I wouldn't like leave him to die but I'd shove my partner aside for The Rose Hunters Trilogy if I could save more books). 

For the #TBRChallenge, I'll be making posts like how I do for Buddy Reads. The longer, all my thoughts/comments with book quotes posts will be on my blog and GoodReads will get shorter snippets with a link to blog post. I'll just be tweeting out my final review link on Wednesday.

TBRChallenges:




No comments:

Post a Comment