Monday, October 8, 2018

Menu Monday

Halloween goodie time!

Halloween Swirl Cream Cheese Brownies


I'm an uber dork, so I have themed months where I make desserts that can match up with some holidays. I love making Halloween desserts. These aesthetically looked nice and Halloween-y and tasted good but, I wasn't wowed. There was also more of the cream cheese layer than brownie, which was a little disappointing. Still would make a fun little party treat, though. Making and cook time easy and quick.




This turned out to be a dark horse favorite of mine. I wasn't expecting much, just a quick, easy, and simple pasta. The flavoring! I loved this one. I halved the amount of noodles but wish I didn't so I would have leftovers. Get that extra lemon for spritzing. I'll definitely making this one again and you should too! Meateaters could add shrimp or chicken easily.




The recipe calls for the chicken to be cooked on low for 8hrs but either my slow cooker runs warmer on low or they are exaggerating because chicken usually only needs about 6hrs in my crock pot. Cooking the noodles in the sauce made them extra tasty. The bf really enjoyed this one but I was just meh on it. The sauce was rich but I just wasn't wowed by the overall flavoring.




I may have posted this one before, it is an old favorite. I halve the butter and use Spicy Ranch seasoning instead of the original. It is so easy and good. Everything meshes together and the potatoes cook to perfection. You'll feel like a competent human being too as you get your meat, potatoes, and veggies :)




My biscuits didn't fluff up as much as I would have liked and I had to add flour to my gravy to thicken it up. Can tell the biscuits are low carb, lol, but I thought they were still tasty, the gravy was good too. I think this recipe works for people on the Keto diet, which seems to be insanely popular right now. Would be a tasty meal for dieters and was very easy to cook-up and probably only took a half hour. 

Any Halloween delights to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment