Sunday, September 30, 2018

Review: A View to a Kiss

A View to a Kiss A View to a Kiss by Caroline Linden
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

“No, no! Don’t go.” She retreated to her bed as she spoke. “But why must I stay over here?”
“We hardly know each other, miss,” he said with affected affront. “Keep your distance, if you please.”
Mariah choked back a snort of laughter. “You’re afraid of me?”
“A wise man never underestimates a woman."


I enjoyed this one but the romance felt a bit insta with our hero kind of going all-in with the heroine from simple seeing her. The heroine is instantly intrigued with the hero but with the vast majority of their meetings taking place for only a couple minutes at a time in her bedroom at night, I didn't really believe in their life long connection. The heroine is the one who really pushes for them to be together but her infatuation had a twinge of rich girl rebellion for the wrong side of the tracks guy.

The mystery, our hero is a spy, was a bit muddled as the circle of spies and their leaders wasn't flushed out quite enough, I struggled in the beginning learning who was who and what was what. Half-way through it becomes decently clear who the villain is and in such a way I think our hero should quit his day job, he was missing the picture for too long.

My favorite part of this was the author's sneaking political commentary, the romance genre is the best at this. Had a different feel to it, probably due to its little older publishing date 2009, but the hero and heroine didn't have the amount and depth of interaction I typically hope for.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment