Monday, September 3, 2018

Menu Monday

Hope everyone had a safe and fun Labor Day Weekend!


Blackened Chicken Avocado Berry Salad


Sneaking in salads before it gets cold and soup becomes the go to. I left out the cucumbers on this one but definitely don't skip out on making the dressing, it combined with the fruit and meat so wonderfully. Easy to make and while the bf side-eyed all the fruit going into the bowl, he ended up liking it. He also skipped out on the dressing and used ranch. And added bacon bits. 




This is more of a side salad, my turkey burger was trying to sneak into the picture. This has some wackadoodle combos happening, I mean avocado, grapefruit, and lime?? I was unsure of the vinaigrette but the alchemy ended up making a great refreshing salad. Cutting the grapefruit was the most time consuming but if I wasn't taking a picture, I would have been way more lazy about it. Fantastic summer salad.




I can't remember a time I worked with yeast (newbie cook, remember) so I was kind of nervous but just buying the packets makes it super easy. My yeast didn't exactly foam up the way they were talking about, I even threw out the first batch I tried because I thought maybe I had made the liquid too warm. There were some bubbles and a little yeast/bread smell from the second batch though and that seemed to be good, as you can see the rolls came out fine. So don't worry if you don't get the foam they talk about. This makes four and they are medium to large size rolls, I'd say just eating one and making this for four people would be good. The icing was yummy but I would half the recipe next time as it made a ton. I started these in the morning and had them for a night time snack, obviously time consuming with the waiting around time. These were actually kind of fun to make and you'll end up feeling super cool for having created them, I did anyway. They looked just like cinnamon rolls! I mean, I know, but I felt like a super heroine for a few hours. Bf said they were the best cinnamon rolls he'd ever had :)  Probably the only fresh ones he has ever had but I'll take it! Make these if you have the time, A+




This took about 45 mins, most of the time is for the rice to cook. I made the cilantro lime rice recipe they had and highly recommend it. You add orange juice and lime zest (wackadoodle!) which frightened me a bit but, again, the alchemy works. The spice is kicking on the tilapia but once it gets in the bow with everything, it tones down and is great. I added avocado, some kale/broccoli/cabbage salad mix, shredded colby cheddar cheese, and salsa. This went straight to my Made and Liked board, will be having it again. Filling and yummy.




This, unfortunately, is the big loser of the group. The vanilla extract they have you add killed the taste for me, don't know if simply too much or needed to be left out completely. I had three to four sips before I gave up and dumped it down the sink. Do not recommend. lol.
*Doggie butt in the picture if you look closely though :)




Left out the onions and added some lemon pepper seasoning to the chicken. This was pretty easy to make, especially since I cheated and bought the bag broccoli and bagged pre-cut sweet potatoes. Holiday weekend, y'all. A little under an hour to make. Light, tasty, and easy. 

Any good cook-out dishes to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment