Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Review: These Old Shades

These Old Shades These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I think I'm too much a product of my time. Having a hero who was 40yrs and a heroine who was 19, combined with the hero constantly calling her infant and for 80% of the story portraying her as very young, innocent, and wide-eyed, I couldn't and didn't want to buy into their romance.

If you liked Val from Hoyt's Maiden Lane series, you're going to love our hero Justin, definitely an inspiration for him. I was a big fan of Justin and his wit, he's constantly miles and moves ahead of everyone else. Leonie was kept so young, guileless, and precocious without much emotional maturity growth, I have to be that person and say I wasn't a big fan of the heroine.

The father figure falling for the young girl who hero worships him but written very well with tangled weave drama.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment