Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Review: A Duke to Remember

A Duke to Remember A Duke to Remember by Kelly Bowen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5 stars

I read this for the Secret Billionaire square for Romance Bingo

I am with you, not against you.

Since this is historical my secret billionaire is a secret Duke living as a farmer but said to be one of the richest in the land. I'm guessing, if inflation was applied, he'd be considered a billionaire today :)

This story utilized one of my lesser favorite tropes of insta-love. When our hero helps to drag our heroine out of a river that she had jumped into to save a little boy, it's pretty much on from that point on. Get ready for my broken record of missed the sexual tension (you could say there is a little bit before they are able to hit the sack but because they had already fallen for each other, I put it down to lust more), missed the chase, and missed the journey.

How they met was mega coincidence and you're talking with a well seasoned romance reader, too easy. As with the other Bowen books I've read, the heroine was kick-butt awesome, if not putting out a completely jiving historical feel. I honestly could have just read the heroine's biography and been super pleased. The hero had a tragic background but I don't know, I still didn't feel like I really knew him.

Secondary characters: King. KingKingKingKingKing. I NEED his book. He seems just shady, heartless, and honorable to knock my socks off.



*************

Haven't read the first in the series yet and too full of an arc schedule for July but how great is this promo pic?!



Want to read the story based on this alone, lol.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment