Tuesday, October 13, 2020

70%

 


This section was all about Station 334 and I appreciated how the bigger page count allowed for us to get to know the characters more. It focuses on Maren, a mechanic who always wanted to be more of a fighter and has managed to get assigned to the same station as her hero/crush from her teens. 

Now messages are very sporadically getting through to Central (the main hub for the space stations, I'm guessing) and from what the reader has read about the other stations, it's obvious the Parasites have spread far and wide. 

From listening to messages that have come through from other stations, they know there is a big problem. Station 334 has another problem though, their commander is going crazy, so there's immediate danger and creeping on the edges danger. 

A rogue Central worker put out a message, saying she named the aliens Cymic Parasites and gives as much info as she can. It seems Central didn't want to cause a panic and thought less info would be better. :/

This ended with some survivors (I think, I mean Saul didn't eat the fruit, so maybe???)

I really wish there was more worldbuilding, I don't really grasp Central that well. I feel like I'm personally supplying the atmosphere and setting with images I've gotten from watching scifi horror movies. So is this standing on its own or am I giving a generous helping? I think I'm giving it some help but its still cotton candy fun scifi horror for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment