Saturday, January 27, 2018

Review: Live By The Team

Live By The Team Live By The Team by Cindy Skaggs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was in the script and had elements of Elite Ops - Lora Leigh (sexy times take over a lot), Hard Ink - Laura Kaye (military men having to band together to fight corruption), and Sin Brothers - Rebecca Zanetti (enhanced soldiers).

The enhanced soldiers aspect wasn't explained the best, not a lot of detail about how the hero's elite group was given a medical cocktail to not feel fear, just needed to be flushed out more to be grasped and willing to follow along. One of the hero's friends is featured a lot and the hero of the next book but the others in his group are introduced towards the end and that's all we basically get.

The hero and heroine's romance begins before the book begins (they are already married), so I definitely missed the falling in love aspect. The romance leans heavily on sexy times and "I can't live without you! But it's too dangerous to be together! But wait, I can't live without you!" that the hero ping pongs back and forth.

There's the main storyline of the hero possibly being in danger from the shady black ops company that medically enhanced him and his group and some foreclosure and meth lab criminal group that is endangering his wife. Yeah, the foreclosure/meth storyline felt a bit unneeded and as it was the most focused on plot, I can't help but feel what was really the point since we already have a pretty interesting super soldiers and shady government company being nefarious. Obviously, we'll get more about the shady government/super soldiers storyline in the next in the series but I still feel like I didn't get enough here.

This was interesting but the other series I mentioned that this had elements from kind of did it better and since those went for many books, I have a bit of fatigue about this plot. This was well written, lacked a bit in the romance department but was entertaining, a win for a Kindle Freebie download but not really anything that was new or makes me want to rush out to buy the next in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment