Friday, September 1, 2017

Review: The Unexpected Husband

The Unexpected Husband The Unexpected Husband by Lindsay Armstrong
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

'Go to hell, Joe Jordan,' she whispered. 'And don't expect me to do the dishes!'

This had even more of a dated feel than its published 2000 date, more of a '80s feel. The setting of the Outback was fun and the dog Meg was cute but overall, was pretty slow plodding. The hero and heroine had a tendency to call each other by their first and last names, supposed to be sassy communication between each other, that didn't really work for me. With the set-up of heroine's sister wanting a baby with hero and thinking they had a sexual relationship for more than half the book, it was hard for me to connect, especially with heroine trying her hardest to be standoffish. Meh feeling except for different outback location.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment