Friday, July 27, 2018

Review: Paper Princess

Paper Princess Paper Princess by Erin Watt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

Thank you to Hilda for the recommendation!

This is listed as YA and NA, which made me a little nervous along with our characters being in high school. LOL, is all I have to say to that. Granted, I did not got to an uber rich school but this story and characters did not read like a YA, more NA. I constantly had to keep reminding myself that they weren't even in college yet, I think they read like 26ish or so.

Very angst-y (she strips to pay her mother's doctor bills at age 15), very sexy times (heavy petting all over the place), and very drama (suicide mother, secret parking lot fighting, surprise inheritance, I want you but can't have you). Basically, this was soap opera cracktastic drama that I inhaled. When it was all over, a cliffhanger!, had me running to get the second in the series but giving some time and distance, I feel a little empty from it but it did entertain while I was in the moment.

Some soap opera, some Cruel Intentions, and some brewing under the surface mystery. Get yourself a bowl of popcorn and wine and give yourself over to the moment. Just be prepared for a cliffhanger.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment