Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Review: Barely A Bride

Barely A Bride Barely A Bride by Rebecca Hagan Lee
My rating: 2 of 5 stars


“It’s a gentleman’s world, my darling. And marrying well is your best way of succeeding in it. Being a spinster is no life for you—not if you wish to pursue those dreams of yours.” Alyssa frowned. “No need to make such a face at me. I’ve only your best interests at heart. You may believe there’s no reason for you to marry, but eventually, you’ll see the wisdom of it.” Lady Tressingham arched a brow at her daughter.


For more comments and quotes - Buddy Read Barely a Bride

Neither the heroine or hero want to get married, hero sees heroine and knows she is the ONE he has to marry. There is a charter created by the hero and his friend's when they were nine that they immaturely try to stick to following, some telling with no showing falling in love, going off to war, and "I'm not worthy" ending forced angst.

This started off good with some good ideas but, especially, the second half ended up feeling very scattered with the plot and characters getting lost and not knowing what they wanted to be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment