Monday, March 5, 2018

Menu Monday





Before you run screaming or get too excited, these aren't cookie dough. It's peanut butter and oats with some m&ms. They were addictive and I ate more in a day than I should have but also, no regrets. Because it is not cookie dough, you feel like you're being "good". Obviously, ridiculously easy to make (half hour) and obviously, ridiculously easy to eat




I must have been in tune with BrokenTune because I made a soup too. The last two days were blustery as all get out and with our last snow fall, I figured it called for one last soup hoorah. I used ground turkey and thought the Italian seasoning with others gave it a pretty good taste. I think it only took around an hour to make and I'd put it slightly above or right at average.




I loved this one and surprisingly, so did the bf. I was very leery of the dressing, but don't skip it! I didn't put a lot on my salad but drizzled it here and there and loved how the flavoring brought all the fruit out, such a great taste. Super easy to make and not time consuming and surprisingly filling. Would be a great thing to bring to a summer picnic/bbq for a side dish. Loved it.




Look, I love me some cheese, some corn, and some jalapeno, so I kind of naturally LOVED this one. This is one that after I made it and "presented" it on the plate, I felt like a f*ing chef (and not a Boyardee one either!). With the limes cut up on top, the chicken smothered, peaking out of the cheese, and the jalapeno popping, it looks like restaurant quality. The super duper thing about this also? Not only does it look good, it tastes restaurant quality, seriously. I loved all the flavoring coming together. Again, it could be my cheesy heart but this is a top meal for me. Took probably around an hour but worth it. Make this one :)




This freaking recipe. First off, I didn't make any damn homemade breadcrumbs for it. Panko. I thought I'd be cool and make the red pepper sauce though. ABOVE MY PAY GRADE. I've never roasted peppers before to make a sauce. I will probably NEVER do so again. I have a gas stove. With grilling clamp thingies I held the peppers above the flames. They liked to tumble out of the grip one to two, four million times. I dutifully put them in a zip lock bag. I don't know wtf I did wrong but the outer skin did NOT BY ANY MEANS just easily, dreamily fall off. I gave up. There is outer skin in my red pepper sauce. Do not care. Didn't notice the salmon had to sit in the fridge for at least 30mins. Twiddled thumbs while waiting because I had already cooked the noodles. Did this recipe take forever to make? I can't give a no or yes answer. Am I still making this recipe? I can not give a no or yes answer. I'm living in a salmon cake red pepper sauce Tide ad like world. Everything is this recipe. 
Here's the kicker, it tasted amazing. The combo of everything was so yummy, brought tears to my eyes. Amount of time to make and difficulty: a solid three years off my life. Would I make again? NO. YES. 


Any recipe (war) stories to share?


No comments:

Post a Comment