Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sunday, We Salad! And Dessert!

Things were a little hectic this Sunday, so there are a couple missing ingredients for this :/




Ingredients for the dressing/marinade. I can say, the way boxed mac and cheese used to give me trouble, I never thought I'd used Sesame Seed Oil as much as I do now. I love garlic, so I always add a bit more than recipes call for. 


Soak it up my pretties!


I forgot the edamame and oddly didn't have any cilantro on hand but Sesame Seeds I do have :)


You could grill the shrimp but for time purposes I chose saute. There is actual lettuce underneath, I just love my toppings overload. I liked this one but, again, I would eliminate the red pepper, it just doesn't go together with the fruits for my taste palate. I love mandarin oranges but for some reason I also wasn't a big fan of the taste combo here. The avocado, shrimp, mango and marinade I did love. I don't know, this might be my first sort of Sunday meal fail. 

Now, because life is all about balance, our Sunday Dessert....




First off, prepare yourselves, these take some time and effort. Again, it was a hectic day so I kept forgetting to take pictures but I'm certain all you smarties will get the gist :)


Sour cream is not pictured but I did use it. 
I just noticed, look at that cheeky Marshmallow puff peeking around!



I also could never have pictured myself using flavorless gelatine. What a world.



I took the suggestion and added corn syrup, it made it super sweet. I probably wouldn't add it again.



So, the recipe calls for you to cut cone like deep into your cupcakes to add the marshmallow filling (too thick to be piped in), I sort of pulled this off. My suggestion is to go deeper cutting than you would think. 



You're also supposed to save some of the marshmallow filling to make the little decoration on top, I of course forgot. Luckily(?) I had some white icing on hand. I do not suggest this. The *&%^*%*@ icing would not stick to the chocolate ganache. Therefore, I ended up with something like this and this was the BEST one. Y'all. I was fried by the end of this. I should have taken a picture of the ones I simply iced a straight line across, lol. 


Worth all the work? Not sure, I thought they were a little dry. The bf liked them and said they almost tasted better the third day because the filling had settled more. They were good but I'm moving on, lol. They are cute and people seemed impressed, so maybe if you're feeling ambitious one day.

Did your Sunday meals turn out better?








No comments:

Post a Comment