Monday, July 24, 2023

Reading Update: Page 1

 



I can't quit staring at this model's hair 😍 Gorgeous!

I haven't read the other books in the series yet but I can only stay away from a series title "Would-Be Wallflowers" for so long, so I'm jumping in here. 

Y'all, buckle in. Lady Stella is "eccentric" and frowns at the Duke of Huntington over her spectacles. She's an heiress, he jokingly calls her "Specs", and they somehow end up married. 

The Duke is shocked he's in love with his wife, but she's laughing and claiming to be in love with someone else. 

I can't wait to dive in! 




I had problems getting these to stick together, if you couldn't tell by less than perfect ball shape lol. I really liked the flavoring, though. 

6 comments:

  1. Nothing to say about the book, but the woman in the cover reminds me intensely of the actress who played Demelza in the most recent adaptation of Poldark for the BBC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't watched that yet! It's like I know I'll have to dedicate a month to just binging it and have no time for everything else in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh!

      Mind you, I haven't watched it myself either, it's just from YT clips and trailers.

      Delete
    2. Lol! I don't know if it's still a thing but I was "forced" to watch Prison Break and the newer Robin Hood on BBC because of fan made videos on YouTube I saw and how they cut the actors and their relationships.

      Delete
    3. ::chuckle::

      Yeah, other than Aidan Turner, I feel no need to watch the new Poldark; I loved the 1975 version far too much (no one can top Angharad Reed, to my mind).

      On the other hand, I want to watch the latest BBC adaptation of "And then there were none" (also with Aidan Turner), mostly because I understand there's a twist in the ending.

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen the 1975 version either! Someone told me to only watch the '75 because they couldn't accept the new one and I definitely have shows/movies like that.

    I watched the BBC Being Human, so I'm fully on that Adrian Turner train.

    ReplyDelete