Monday, July 11, 2022

30%

 

"You talked to the plants," Varro said, his voice low and rough. I bet he sounded just like that in the morning, sleepy and rumpled after a night in bed.
Heat crept into my cheeks at the imagined visual, and I redirected my thoughts to a safer subject. I peeked at him, but his eyes remained closed, so I went back to staring at the ceiling. "I thought you were asleep."
"It's harder to sneak up on me than you might imagine. Your approach was quiet but not that quiet." After a pause, he added, "But the talking was nice."
"It's supposed to help the plants grow better, and it gives me something to do."
"I enjoyed listening to you. It was soothing."
I laughed quietly. "Most people would disagree." I rolled my head toward him with a grin. "Have you considered that you may be part plant?"
"Mmm," he murmured without opening his eyes, "perhaps that is why I'm drawn to sunshine."


😭 The gooey mess I become when trying to keep emotions hidden double speak happens. GAH help. He just told her his feelings but she misses it because she doesn't know how he sees her yet. SHE'S HIS SUNSHINE. I LOVE these moments in the beginning of stories because of that delicious secret tension they deliver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment