Saturday, April 24, 2021

Quickie Review: The Man Tamer

The Man Tamer The Man Tamer by Cindi Myers
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

When hero first sees heroine eating a chocolate covered strawberry and moaning, he comes up and says "I'll have what she's having." Fine, cute, whatever. BUT, when the chocolate is dripping down her arm, he takes this STRANGER'S hand and LICKS up her wrist and fingers. Whatever the opposite of "your kink" is, this is my opposite. I've seen too many people in public restrooms leave without washing their hands. I know fantasy world and all but this wouldn't leave my mind. 

Also, the heroine is rude and not loving or gaga over the hero's dog until the ending where she seems to move to tolerating. I don't think I need to explain why I was not a fan of her. 

The whole man-taming behavioral psychology "playfully" compared with dog training joking wasn't fun or funny to me and each chapter starting with the Dear Abby-esque letters from the heroine's magazine column made me cringe more than laugh. This book flirted and romanced sexism more than love between the couple for me.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. OK, so some random dude comes up to me, makes a gross comment and then LICKS MY HAND AND ARM?!?!?! No, so much no. On top of No Mountain. I'd slap him back into last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I'd be more horrified for myself or him! Who puts strangers fingers in their mouth????

      Delete