Monday, September 16, 2019

50%

Conversations With The Fat Girl - Liza Palmer
I remember Kate telling me a story about when she enrolled Emily in ballet class at the Pasadena Athletic Club. Kate was told to bring Emily to class in full ballet togs so she could hop around for an hour with a former ballerina named Miss Janie. Upon their arrival, Kate was horrified to see that all the other little girls were wearing little black leotards and pink tights. Emily, on the other hand, was in pink from head to toe, including her tutu and sparkling wand. Kate turned to Emily thinking her daughter would be humiliated.
Sweetie, are you okay?” Kate asked gently.
Yes, Mommy, I'm fine,” she said. “I hope all the other girls are okay with what they're wearing.” And into class she walked, sparkling wand in the air, to greet Miss Janie.
I want to be like that. I want to be seven years old again. I want to go back to the day my confidence left me and was replaced by an apology.

No comments:

Post a Comment