Sunday, November 8, 2020

Review: Vision in White

Vision in White Vision in White by Nora Roberts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5 stars 

This isn't really a review, but, in a nod to timing, I wanted to alert anyone that still might have some Steve Kornacki thirst that the hero in this could help carry some of that weight. Dr. Maguire is a high school Lit teacher and a competent cinnamon roll. 

The rest of the characters and story, meh, a lot of wedding talk with acronyms (ex. MOB-mother of bride) that ruined the smoothness of reading for me, I couldn't quite sink into the romance, and overall this just had some caustic chaotic energy. 

I leave you with some favorite quotes: 

The taste of her, the feel . That moment of lips and tongue, and the heat rising in the blood. In the quiet of snowfall, that elemental hush, the sound of her breath sighing out broke in his mind like thunder. A storm gathering. 

#KorsnackiAlert 
She stopped, threw her hands up again. “Grandfathers wear tweed. Old guys in old British movies wear tweed. Why do I find it sexy that he wears tweed? This is a question that haunts me.” 

“Haven’t heard from Carter?” 
“Why do you say that?” 
“Because you’re going to buy shoes, which is comfort food for you. Have you called him?” 
“To say what? I’m sorry? I already said that. I was wrong? I was, I know I was wrong, but it doesn’t change what I feel.” 
“Which is?” 
“Confused, afraid, stupid. Double all of that because I miss seeing him,” she admitted. “I miss talking to him. So I think it’s better if I don’t see him or talk to him.” 
“Your logic doesn’t resemble the logic of humans.”

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment