Monday, February 12, 2018

Menu Monday


Ravioli with Sauteed Asparagus and Walnuts


I loved this one. It was super easy to make and  maybe around a half hour. I halved the butter and added more lemon juice. More filling than I thought it would be and had a great flavor. I paired with red wine and felt like a fancy gal.




If wanting to have a meatless Monday, this would be an excellent pick. The sauce was great, I don't like things very saucy and if you're like me you'd want to be careful with how much you add because broccoli soaks up sauce like crazy. Probably only around a half hour to make and super good. Felt like a healthy gal with this one :)





I would add some yellow food coloring to the cookie because as you can see, when I added it to the frosting (maybe too much?) it popped almost too much making the cookie look pale in not the most appetizing way. I probably doubled the lemon juice (from fresh lemons and bottle) for the frosting because I love tart things. The cookie consistency was a little different, more cake like I guess I would say. The recipe makes a crap ton, I would definitely cut it in half next time. Took maybe an hour to make. I refrigerated half and left half out. The frosting was better on the fridge one but the cookie part was better left out as it was softer. Would make a good little cookie plate for an Easter dinner. Felt like a tarty gal while eating these ;)







This one took more effort and time, probably close to 2 hours all together. If you just bought frozen meatballs instead of homemade, definitely save you on time. The homemade meatball recipe though was really good but did have a decent amount of Parmesan added. Since the spaghetti recipe called for Parmesan too, I halved both of them. Very filling and good but not sure worth the time and effort of putting everything together. Felt liked a tired gal after making.


Tater Tot Enchilada Bake



Tired from making my own meatballs, I bought frozen tater tots instead of homemaking. Still good because even a meh tater tot is a good one. I let it bake a little longer so the tater tots would get crispier. I think this took around 40 mins and was worth it. Great on a cold day and a good comfort food. Yummy. Felt like a comforted gal after eating. 


What culinary adventures did you all go on this week?

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I've been lazy this week but last week I made a yummy Mediterranean shrimp dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never go wrong with shrimp! Shrimp and salmon are two that are quick and easy and can be flavored so many different ways.
      Happy eating and reading!

      Delete